Ford’s Hometown Services—great people, great benefits, great company! Check out our openings below and apply!
We are Ford’s Hometown Services, Inc., a privately-owned and family-operated Pest Control and Turf Management company. We are a solvent organization which has been operating out of Worcester, MA since 1941! The Company is known for being home of the “Pest of the Month.” We currently have a staff of 40 employees with advancement opportunity as we continue to grow.
Ford’s Hometown is looking for several Pest Control Technicians. If you currently hold the Massachusetts Core License, we are very interested in speaking with you. If you do not yet have the Mass Core License, WE WILL PAY YOU TO STUDY ON COMPANY TIME and prepare for the test, if you are the right fit for the Company.
WE OFFER COMPETITIVE STARTING PAY AND A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE. Plus extra for field upsells. Bonuses based on production. Write your own check! Plenty of overtime. Pay increase after 90 days of service. PLUS: health; dental; retirement plan; Company-paid life insurance; sick leave; vacation leave; paid holidays, etc. Company vehicle is provided for Company business.
A Massachusetts Commercial Applicator (Core) License is required for this position, but we are willing to help the right person obtain the license. Obtaining this license is both an investment on your part as well as ours; if you are truly self-motivated, and willing to do what it takes, then you are the exact type of person we are looking for to join our team!
• A valid driver’s license; with a satisfactory driving record.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather.
• Be able and willing to work near insects.
• Ability to climb and be on a telescopic ladder.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.; ability to walk long distances.
• Certain Saturdays are required during the busy season.
Copies of the full job descriptions full job descriptions are available upon request, and will be reviewed with job applicants during interviews.
Apply at 549 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605; fax resume to 508-856-0798, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (resume must be body of the email, not an attachment).
For more information, call and leave a message with your name, email address, and phone number at 508 459-3663.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Manager/Safety Coordinator to oversee our human resources functions and our health and safety programs. This is a part-time position of 25-30 hours a week. The person holding this position reports directly to the Director of Sales & Operations and is part of the Company’s management team.
· The Human Resources Manager will oversee, and manage all aspects of human resources management within the Company, including, but not limited to: employee relations, hiring, training (for members of management team, as well as employees), benefits administration and employee job performance. In other words, that person will have full management responsibility for directing, controlling, and ensuring compliance with human resource programs and functions.
· As a Safety Coordinator, he/she plans, administers, and directs the Company’s Health & Safety programs. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting and/or updating and implementing policies and procedures related to safety, loss control, and training activities that support all risk management programs.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business administration or human resources management, industrial hygiene, or a related field. A minimum of 6 years of progressive management responsibilities in the two fields may substitute for the degree. A valid driver’s license, experience with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office, knowledge of workers’ compensation laws, and state/federal employment laws and regulations - is a must.
Salary is negotiable and commensurable with experience. BENEFITS include dental; SIMPLE IRA (retirement with employer match); Company-paid life insurance; sick leave; vacation leave after a year; paid holidays, etc., and may include health, depending of number of hours.
Full job description available upon request, and will be reviewed during the interview process.
If emailing a resume, include it in the body of the email. Attachments WILL NOT be opened.