TURF APPLICATORS & TURF APPLICATOR TRAINEES (WORCESTER, MA)
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS AND REIMBURSEMENT!
Are you stuck in a dead-end job? Are you looking to start a new career? Do you want to become more marketable and employable? Do you like the great outdoors? A career in the field of lawn care services is just what you need! Ford’s Hometown Services is where it starts!
You can make good money working as a licensed Lawn Care Technician at Ford’s Hometown. We will PAY YOU to train while you prepare to obtain the Massachusetts Commercial Core Applicator License and help you be ready to work as a licensed technician in the spring. Here’s what we offer; it doesn’t get better than this:
We hire you at $14 an hour without the core license to work between 25-30 hours a week, while we train you to be ready for the new season in the spring.
- While you train, we will allow you to study for a couple of hours every day on company time (a value of $28 per day).
- We will pay for you to take a two-day class designed to prepare candidates for the test (a value of $135).
- We will pay for your application fee, when you apply to take the test (an extra $75).
- If you pass the test, your status will be converted into full time status, meaning that you will work 35 to 40 hours a week.
- 90 days from the date your employment status is converted to full time, we give you a bonus totaling $500 (to be given by installments)!
- If you already have the license we also give you a sign-on bonus
All we ask is that you obtain Massachusetts core pesticide license by in March 2013. The job requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Must obtain Massachusetts Pesticide Core License by the beginning of January.
• Hold a valid driver’s license; also a satisfactory driving record.
• Good interpersonal skills, and ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Able and willing to work with chemicals.
• Be mechanically-inclined and able to perform light mechanic and repair work.
• Be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather.
• Have the ability to read maps, work routes, etc.
• Be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis; and be able to walk long distances.
• Be willing to work early mornings, late afternoon hours, and Saturdays during the high season.
Apply in person at Fords Hometown Services, Inc. // 549 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605-3898.