03 Jan Accounting Position Available
Perform a variety of general accounting support tasks involving accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable/receivables). Process, reconcile and balance various accounting reports and functions to achieve Company goals and objectives while maintaining proper accounting policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Engage in all critical and confidential aspects of Company’s accounting
- Responsible for updating, developing and/or improvement of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance
- Duties requiring broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues
- Handle confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect
- Prepare monthly financial and various detailed analyses
- Perform the tasks on the attached Performance Standards
- Interacts with Company’s CPA
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations & Sales, or the President of the Company.
The person holding this position reports to the Director of Sales & Operations. The short term/long term goal is to have he/she manage and direct the accounting staff to achieve company goals and objectives.
Education and Experience: Prefer Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting and/or 5 years of Accounting experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems or resolve issues.
- Proficient working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software preferred
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting, including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Be up to date with modern technology, allowing the ability to communicate to customers and the office. Such communication may include but is not limited to: cellular phone(s), email, customer employee interaction software and human resource information system.
Ford’s Hometown Services, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace and QualityPro Accredited by the National Pest Management Association.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 /hour
1-800-649-9992 ext 163