JOIN THE BEST PAID TICK AND MOSQUITO CREW IN CENTRAL MASS!
Since 1941, Ford’s Hometown Services, Inc., has been a privately-owned and family-operated Pest Control and Turf Management company. We are located in Worcester, MA and are known for being the home of the “Pest of the Month.” With our combined wages and overall compensation package our employees are the best paid in our industry! The person who holds this position provides education, customer service and above all industry-leading services to our customers.
Responsibilities of the Tick and Mosquito Technician
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Able and willing to work with chemicals
- Ability to carry up to a 4-gallon capacity motorized backpack mosquito blower/mister
- Be mechanically-inclined and able to perform light mechanic and repair work
- Be willing and able to wear a full-face respirator; because of this, this employee must have a clean shave (no beard)
- Be able to speak and read English, and be able to verbally communicate with Company customers
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Be able to walk long distances, often through wooded or uneven terrain
- Apply treatment and other applications to properties with precise care and detail
- Open availability; Saturday availability from March through October is crucial to our success
- Work in the presence of insects such as ticks, bees, wasps, mosquitoes, and other biting insects, etc.
- Abide by Company policies
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Be up to date with modern technology, allowing the ability to communicate to customers and the office. Such communication may include but is not limited to: cellular phone(s), email, customer employee interaction software and human resource information system
- If available, perform snow removal for company & owners’ properties
- Operation of Forklift, Trailer, aeration and slice-seeding equipment, if needed
- Some landscaping on company and owners’ properties
A Massachusetts Commercial Applicator (Core) License is required for this position. Obtaining this license is both an investment on your part as well as ours; if you are truly self-motivated, and willing to do what it takes, then you are the exact type of person we are looking for to join our team!
Requirements of the Mosquito & Tick Technician:
- A valid driver’s license; with a satisfactory driving record and pass a Nationwide background
- A valid Commercial Applicators License
- Be able to obtain and maintain the proper credential (medical card) to operate commercial DOT-inspected vehicles
Compensation & Benefits of the Mosquito & Tick Technician:
- Medical insurance
- Vision & Dental insurance
- Retirement plan with 3% match
- Free company paid life insurance
- Sick leave, vacation time, paid holidays
- Company parties, birthday celebrations
- Plenty of overtime
- Sales commissions
Ford’s Hometown Services, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-free Workplace and QualityPro Accredited with the National Pest Management Association.
Candidates may email us at email@example.com or contact Human Resources directly at 508-459-3663 for more information. Please provide your contact information when leaving a message.
Job Type: Full-time
Company provides personal protective equipment and we have strict safety protocols in place for our employees.