Commercial Pest Control Technician
Ford’s Hometown Services is expanding our permanent full-time roster and seeking passionate, reliable and eager individuals to join our team. We are known for being the home of the “Pest of the Month”.
We offer a COMPETITIVE STARTING PAY at $18.00 per hour and we offer many more incentives for additional certifications. The person who holds this position provides education, customer service and above all industry-leading pest management services to our customers. They are responsible for identifying, selecting, mixing, and applying pesticides or manual solutions to eliminate or control pests and wildlife.
A Massachusetts Commercial Applicator (Core) License is required for this position. Obtaining this license is both an investment on your part as well as ours; if you are truly self-motivated, and willing to do what it takes, then you are the exact type of person we are looking for to join our team!
- Be able to safely use ladders up to 32’or 40’ with the required 2 employees;
- Be able to work in food establishments where he/she may be exposed to food allergens;
- Be willing and able to wear a full-face respirator; because of this, this employee must have a clean shave (no beard);
- Be willing and able to work with chemicals, and in the presence of insects such as bees, wasps, wildlife, etc.;
- Be able to speak and read English; be able to verbally communicate clearly with Company customers;
- Have the ability to read a street map and use a GPS (Guidance Positioning System)
- Be able to crawl through attic entrances and confined spaces;
- Clean and remove pesticides after application; clean up after yourself;
- Work in a safe manner at all times;
- Be able available to work Saturdays, evenings, and weekends when necessary;
- Be up to date with modern technology, allowing the ability to communicate to customers and the office. Such communication may include but is not limited to: cellular phone(s), email, customer employee interaction software and human resource information system.
Hold a current Massachusetts Applicator License (Core) and maintain throughout employment;
- Familiarity when working in a school setting (customer), this service technician must become familiar with the school’s Integrated Pest Management (IPM) document prior to applying pesticides on the property;
- Obtain a Problem Animal Control License (PAC), within one year of employment;
- Hold a current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record throughout employment;
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather.
Benefits: Health insurance; vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement plan w/2% match; Company-paid life insurance; sick leave; vacation time; paid holidays, etc. Company vehicle is provided for Company business. Sales commissions paid for field upsells.
Copies of the full job descriptions are available upon request, and will be reviewed with job applicants during interviews.
Ford’s Hometown Services, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace and QualityPro Accredited with the National Pest Management Association.
Candidates may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Human Resources directly at 508-459-3663 for more information. Please provide your contact information when leaving a message.
Company provides personal protective equipment and we have strict safety protocols in place for our employees.